|← Keitai Kaitsuu! Tamagotchi Plus Akai||Chou Jinsei Enjoi Tamagotchi Plus||Ura Jinsei Enjoi Tamagotchi Plus →|
|This article is about a Japanese Tamagotchi release.|
The Chou Jinsei Enjoi Tamagotchi Plus (超じんせーエンジョイ！たまごっちプラス Chou Jinsei Enjoi! Tamagotchi Purasu) also known as the Entama (エンたま) for short, is a Tamagotchi release that debuted in Japan on November 23, 2005. It was the first Tamagotchi release to include Internet functions, and includes a new shell design that features an antenna with a ball at the tip.
The Entama introduced the Skill Points (or GUTS Points) and Family (or Zoku) concepts, and included four character families: Mamezoku, Memezoku, Kuchizoku, and Hatenazoku. There is a total of 58 characters (42 basic characters; 3 secret characters; 3 oldies (plus Oyajitchi); and 10 Hatenazoku, also known as Call Dating Service characters).
The Entama was later rereleased as the Chou Jinsei Enjoi Tamagotchi Plus CYOI Change (超じんせーエンジョイ！たまごっちプラスチョイがえ) following complaints that the games were too difficult for new players. It is visually distinguished from the original by having "plus"-shaped beads instead of round beads. The Entama was also spun off with the Ura Jinsei Enjoi Tamagotchi Plus and the Hanerutchi 2
One of the new features of the Entama is the "Cooking" Function (third option in the second icon). The ingredient items are separate from the Meals and the Snacks. Also, the food items are separated into three groups, Intelligence or Mamezoku, Style or Memezoku and Kindness or Kuchizoku (In which Mamezoku can only cook Mamezoku items and so forth). Since there are no Hatenazoku food items, Hatenazoku are not able to cook. Consuming a dish available from cooking increases guts points.
Life Cycle and GUT Points
The predominant feature of the Entama is the GUTs system - three personality traits that effectively replace discipline and correspond to a certain family, which are increased by playing games and using certain foods or items, and play a heavy part in a Tamagotchi's life experiences. The Entama's growth stages are roughly twice as long as those in similar series, most likely to give time to raise GUT Points.
The Entama is one of the few releases where the level of care does not impact what adult a Tamagotchi will evolve into - every group has three possible adults for boys and girls each that a teen will evolve into depending on which category has the most GUT Points is when the time comes.
The Entama is life-like in the sense that the Tamagotchis can go to school and work. When the baby evolves into a toddler, it will enter Tamagotchi Preschool where it will meet Ms. Frill (フリルせんせい). Then, after graduating, the character will enter Tamagotchi School and meet (Mr. Turtlepedia, Ms. Flower (フラワせんせい）or Mr. Canvas (カンパスせんせい). The class the character enters depends on its highest Skill point category. Every day, the teacher will come and let the character choose one of three boxes that contains an icon (pencil for intelligence, Star for Style, and Flower for Kindness). If successful, the character will get 10 points for the icon category. Two days after the character evolves into an adult, it will graduate and receives a mail for a job interview. If rejected, the character would then be given more chances.
The Entama uses a different care mistake system to most releases. The number of care mistakes persists throughout a Tamagotchi's life and the time that the attention icon will remain lit will decrease with each cumulative care mistake, and five care mistakes in a single growth stage means death. While care mistakes do not affect growth into adults, acquiring four will still cause a child to evolve into a bad care teen. To alleviate the semi-permanent effects of care mistakes, two kinds of medicines are available from E-Tamago - cough drops will lower the chance of the Tamagotchi getting sick upon a care mistake occuring for as long as it remains in its current stage, and the petite medicine reverses one care mistake per dosage. This has no effect on which character is obtained, however.
Unlike the Connexion/Connection Tamagotchis, the Entama does not have a built-in "Shop" feature. Instead a Street Vendor (Ojitchi) brings items for the character to buy. The Street Vendor only brings one item at a time and visits twice a day (11 AM and 5 PM). The user is given a choice if they want to buy the item that the Street Vendor brought or not. Alternatively, one can log in to E-Tamago to shop from a much wider selection of items at TamaTama Market, including the Call Street Vendor item to summon Ojitchi at any time.
There are 3 games on the Entama, each corresponding to one of the skill groups.
The first game is a card matching game, which increases Intelligence and lasts for six rounds. Players must choose two out of the four presented cards and attempt to get a match, the results of which are completely dependent on luck.
The second game is a clothes-catching game (very similar to "Get The Notes" on the Keitai Kaitsuu Tamagotchi Plus), which increases Style and ends when 100 articles of clothing are collected. The player must shift a mannequin to the left or the right with either the A or B button to collect clothes and avoid poop.
The third and last game is a hammer game, which increases Kindness points and ends when 30 blocks are knocked down. It involves hitting certain blocks in a tower with a hammer to lower its height and safely rescue the Petitchi at the top.
The first game is a book balancing game which increases Intelligence. Mr. Turtlepedia appears balancing books, and begins to tip over. The user must press the corresponding button rapidly to get him reoriented; pressing C will pull him to the right if he's leaning left, and A will pull him left if he's leaning right. If the player doesn't press the button in time, or presses the wrong button, Mr. Turtlepedia will fall over, ending the game. The user must clear 30 rounds for a perfect game.
The second game is a matching game which increases Fashion. The Gotchi King will appear wearing a pair of glasses, and a symbol will appear in the left lens. The user must press the B button to stop the right lens on the matching symbol.
The third game is a flower-care game which increases Kindness. A flower with eight petals will appear, and the user must clear the skulls that appear on the petals. Pressing C moves the selection clockwise, while A moves the selection counterclockwise, and the B button clears the skull from the selected petal. Attempting to clear a blank petal, or taking too long to clear a skull, will end the game. The user must clear 100 skulls for a perfect game.
The Entama is the first ever Tamagotchi to remove two of the original primary functions: the discipline and the light switch. The Entama will turn the lights off itself at the appropriate times. The standard discipline was removed and replaced by three kinds of Guts - Intelligence, Style and Kindness.
Sometimes the Entama shows the user's character next to an object or scenery. These are called Seasonal Animations. These happen every once in a while when the character is idle. When the user presses the (A) button on the Entama, the animation disappears but occurs again at another time.
List of Seasonal Animations
- January 1 to 3- New Year Rice Cake Festival
- March 1 to 3- Doll Festival
- April 1 to 7- Cherry Blossom Viewing (Oyajitchi has a slightly different one)
- July 1 to 30- Wind Chime Festival
- August 3 to 9- Fireworks Festival
- September 15 to 19- Full Moon Viewing
- December 20 to 25- Talking Christmas Tree
- December 24- Santa Clause Visits
- Birthday (The set date of the user's birthday)
Visitors are guest characters that come to play games or sell items to the Tamagotchi. There are many visitors that come to the Entama.
List of Visitors
- Street Vendor (Ojitchi)
- Match Maker (Otokitchi)
- Preschool Teacher (Ms. Frill)
- Intelligence Teacher (Mr. Turtlepedia)
- Style Teacher (Ms. Flower)
- Kindness Teacher (Mr. Canvas)
There are many events that happen everyday on the Entama, usually including the visitors.
List of Daily Events
- 9:00 AM - Wake, Mail Delivery (Newspaper)
- 10:30 AM - Preschool (Toddler)
- 10:30 AM - Teacher (Teen)
- 10:30 AM - Match Maker (Adult with job for 24 hours)
- 11:00 AM - Street Vendor
- 3:00 PM - Preschool (Toddler)
- 3:00 PM - Teacher (Teen)
- 3:00 PM - Match Maker (Adult with job for 24 hours)
- 4:00 PM - Mail Delivery (Letter)
- 5:00 PM - Street Vendor
- 6:00 PM - Preschool (Toddler)
- 6:00 PM - Teacher (Teen)
- 7:00 PM - Match Maker (Adult)
- 8:00 PM - Sleep (Toddler, Senior)
- 9:00 PM - Sleep (Teen)
- 10:00 PM - Sleep (Adult, Special)
Unlike the Daily Events, these events happen at unfixed times. Instead these events happen every 24 hours or before or after evolution. Here is the complete chronologically arranged list.
List of Unfixed Time Events
- Preschool Entrance
- Preschool Graduation
- School Entrance (Class Selection)
- School Graduation
- Job Entrance (Job Selection)
- Salary Delivery
When the Entama characters reach adult stage and graduate from school, they are able to get a career. A letter comes in the mail containing a list of jobs. Some job coupons are required to unlock some jobs; these are displayed as "????". The highest GUTS Points category affects the job offered.
After selecting a job, the Tamagotchi King's servants will interview the character. They will either raise up an "O" or an "X". If all three servants raise up an " O", the character passes the interview and will recieve an item related to the selected job. If one or more servants raise up an "X", the character is rejected and will be given a job that they meet the requirements for. If the job selection menu times out, the Tamagotchi will be given a temporary job until the next time the player reads the career letter.
List of career statuses:
- Scientist (200+ Intelligence needed, allows Mametchi to evolve into Tensaitchi)
- Television announcer (200+ Intelligence needed)
- Schoolteacher (50+ Intelligence needed)
- Medical doctor (Intelligence needs to be the highest category when graduating)
- Bank clerk (Intelligence needs to be the highest category when graduating)
- Recording artist (200+ Style needed, allows Memetchi to evolve into Makiko)
- Fashion designer (200+ Style needed)
- Baker (50+ Style needed)
- Hair stylist (Style needs to be the highest category when graduating)
- Flower shop salesman (Style needs to be the highest category when graduating)
- Hot springs bath attendant (200+ Kindness needed, allows Kuchipatchi to evolve into Nonbiritchi)
- Kindergarten teacher (200+ Kindness needed)
- Policeman (50+ Kindness needed)
- Train station attendant (Kindness needs to be the highest category when graduating)
- Chef (Kindness needs to be the highest category when graduating)
- Weatherman (Requires a coupon)
- Crossing guard (Requires a coupon)
- Barker (Requires a coupon)
- Garbage man (Requires a coupon)
- Gotchi King's castle servant (Requires a coupon)
- Kindergarten student
- School intelligence student (Intelligence needs to be the highest category when graduating from kindergarten)
- School fashion student (Style needs to be the highest category when graduating from kindergarten)
- School kindness student (Kindness needs to be the highest category when graduating from kindergarten)
- Kindergarten candidate
- Kindergarten graduate
- School graduate
Salary and Rank
When the Tamagotchi first starts its job, it is ranked as a 1 star worker ( the rank can be viewed at the third status screen). Stars (ranks) affect how much you get for your salary. The Tamagotchi is able to have 3 stars maximum. To have 2 stars, the Tamagotchi must have increased the required guts category by a total of 100 points, and to get 3 stars, a further 300 points must be acquired.
- 1000 points per day
- 3000 points per day
- 5000 points per day
- Original Page of Entama Growth Chart
- Complete Entama Guide
- P-Low: The Skilful Abbot's Guide to the Entama