|← Pac-Man Tamagotchi||Hello Kitty Tamagotchi||Demon Slayer Tamagotchi →|
|This article is about an English Tamagotchi release.|
This article is about an upcoming Tamagotchi release, and therefore information is subject to change prior to release.
The Hello Kitty Tamagotchi is an upcoming licensed variant of the Tamagotchi Nano, and a collaboration between Tamagotchi and Sanrio's Hello Kitty brand. It was announced on October 1, 2020. It is set to be released in the United States on December 1, 2020, and in Europe at an unspecified date.
The Hello Kitty Tamagotchi uses the same alternate front mold and ball chain design first introduced for the Pac-Man Tamagotchi. It uses larger, more detailed sprites for the characters, similar to the sprites used on the original Tamagotchi Nano.
The Hello Kitty has two growth stages; Baby and Adult. The baby stage is 24 hours long, while the Adult stage will continue until it either dies from neglect or departs. There are seven adult characters; which adult the baby becomes depends on which baby the Tamagotchi began with and the quality of care it is given. Every adult also has an alternate form of them wearing Hello Kitty's bow; the conditions needed to evolve into this form must be met within 24 hours of the Tamagotchi becoming an adult.
Pressing the A button opens the main menu, with the options to feed or to play the minigames. The meal is an apple pie, and the snack is a bottle of milk. If the user fails to fill the Hungry or Happy meters for a prolonged period, the Tamagotchi will sulk, facing away from the screen with three lines over its head. Pressing the A button will cheer it up.
Pressing the C button will show an animation depending if the Hungry or Happy meters are empty. If it's hungry, it will face away and a dizzy swirl will appear. If it's unhappy, it will face away and a scowl animation will appear. If neither meter is empty, the Tamagotchi will perform a Close Up.
At 10 AM, 2 PM, and 6 PM, the Tamagotchi will perform a Close Up on its own. It will not perform the Close Up on if its room is dirty, or if it's sulking.
The babies sleep at 8 PM, and the adults sleep at 10 PM. Pressing A will open the menu to turn the lights on or off. The Tamagotchi will wake at 7 AM, turning on the lights on its own.
The Hello Kitty features two minigames: Piano Game and Balloon Game. They each have three tiers of scores: "Great Success", "Success", and "Failure".
- Piano Game: Three piano keys will appear on the bottom portion of the screen, and hearts will fall on the left, middle, or right side of the screen. The user must press the A, B, or C buttons correlating with the hearts as they touch the piano keys. The game is a "Failure" if five hearts are missed, "Success" if 2-4 hearts were missed, and "Great Success" if 0-1 hearts were missed. Pressing the A and C buttons together closes the game.
- Balloon Game: Hello Kitty will appear flying in the air with balloons, and the user's objective is to help her collect balloons while avoiding crows. The A button moves her up, and the B button moves her down. Hello Kitty can hold up to two balloons, and each time she hits a crow, she will lose one. The game is a "Failure" if both of her balloons are popped, "Success" if she clears the game with one balloon, and "Great Success" if she clears the game with both balloons. Pressing the C button closes the game.
A "Success" game fills one Happy heart, while a "Great Success" game fills two Happy hearts.
Joey's Messes and Sickness
Periodically throughout the Tamagotchi's life, Joey the mouse will appear and make the Tamagotchi living space a mess, leaving paw prints in the room. Pressing the A button will summon Hello Kitty to clean the space. If the space is left dirty for a long period of time, the Tamagotchi will become sick, shown by it laying on the floor with a skull mark at the top right corner of the screen. Pressing the A button will administer medicine to cure it.
Death and Departure
The Hello Kitty Tamagotchi has three Death sequences:
- Death: If the user's Tamagotchi gets sick and is not treated in time, it will die, leaving an image of Hello Kitty crying next to an Obaketchi.
- Running Away: If the user fails to cheer up the Tamagotchi when it's sulking, it will run away.
- Departure: If the user takes good care of the Tamagotchi, never allowing it to sulk for too long and keeps the room clean, the Tamagotchi will leave on a journey with Hello Kitty once enough care mistakes are made. The final image is of the Tamagotchi and Hello Kitty visiting London.
In all three instances, pressing A and C together will make a new egg appear.
- This is the second Tamagotchi Nano model to be a collaboration with Sanrio, the first being the Gudetama Tamagotchi. Unlike the Gudetama Tamagotchi, the Hello Kitty Tamagotchi is English exclusive model and does not feature any rubber cases.
- This is the second Tamagotchi Nano model to be English-exclusive, the first being the Pac-Man Tamagotchi.