|← Tamagotchi Mini||Keitai Kaitsuu! Tamagotchi Plus Akai||Chou Jinsei Enjoi Tamagotchi Plus →|
|This article is about a Japanese Tamagotchi release.|
Keitai Kaitsuu Tamagotchi Plus Akai (ケータイかいツー！たまごっちプラス赤いシリーズ Kētai Kaitsū! Tamagotchi Purasu Akai Shirīzu) (usually shortened to Akai Tamagotchi Plus or simply the Akai) is a Japanese Tamagotchi released in July 2005. It is a themed re-release of the Keitai Kaitsuu Tamagotchi Plus featuring new characters, content, gameplay and a new base location, Makkakka Town. It has similar programming to the original Keitai.
The Akai is modeled after the Keitai Tamagotchi with the same antenna and shell design, but it was released in different colors. On top of this, the pixels are red instead of black and the design behind the screen is sometimes different.
The Akai was released in 20 different colors, and the units were packaged in the same boxing as the original Keitai.
The check meter features four screens. They are the same as the original Keitai.
- The first screen features hunger and happiness levels.
- The second screen features the discipline meter and how much Gotchi the player's Tamagotchi has.
- The third screen shows the character's age, weight in grams, and name.
- The forth and final screen shows the character's gender and generation.
The Akai features eight new food items which are red-themed.
- Sekihan - Red (azuki) beans and rice
- Shrimp Sushi
- Strawberry Parfait
- Note: If a Tamagotchi is made to drink wine as a baby or child then it will refuse to drink it until teen stage. When a teen drinks it, although they will throw up, they will not lose any hunger or happiness hearts or become sick afterwards. When an adult drinks it, they will become drunk and stumble around, but still will not lose any hunger or happiness hearts or become sick.
The toilet functions are the same as the Keitai Tamagotchi; if the character makes a mess or needs to use the toilet then this icon is used.
The Akai has three new games with slightly altered gameplay. A perfect game will carry 100 Gotchi, loss of weight and increase happiness.
"Throw Away Poopie"
This game has reversed objectives to that of the "Get the Notes" name from the Keitai. The messes must be collected in trash cans while avoiding Gotchi. Small messes (made by babies and young Tamagotchis) are worth one point and larger ones (made by older Tamagotchis) are worth two points. Catching Gotchi or missing a mess however will end the game abruptly, whereas collecting 100 points will count as a perfect game.
This game is similar to the basketball game from the Keitai, but basketballs are absent; instead there are letters that are knocked into the postbox. Each letter that is knocked into the postbox carries one point and having 30 letters successfully knocked into the postbox wil count as a perfect game.
This game is similar to the running race from the Keitai, although instead the racers are swimming from one end of a pool to the other. The user's Tamagotchi is a contestant in the race against two other characters and the user needs to guess which place their Tamagotchi comes in. Guessing correctly will count as a perfect game, although only 30 Gotchi is awarded.
An Akai can connect with another Akai, a Keitai, an Entama, a Uratama, or a Hanerutchi 1 (but not with a Hanerutchi 2). When the Akai connects with one of these Tamagotchis, they can either exchange presents, breed (two Akais only if adults of opposite gender and high enough friend level) or play one of five minigames:
- Betting Money: The default connection minigame if the requirements for the others are not met. Each Tamagotchi bets 10-30 Gotchi Points and jumps off the screen. One will return with both bets of Gotchi Points and the other will lose the amount of Gotchi Points in the bet. Of the five connecting games, this is the only one where the user has no input.
- Ball Balancing: The Tamagotchi on both devices must be playing with a ball at the time in order to play this game. Before connecting, each player has 10 seconds to mash the A or B button as much as they can to build up power. The Tamagotchi with the lowest power will fall off their ball and lose.
- Balloon: The Tamagotchi on both devices must be playing with a balloon at the time in order to play this game. Before connecting, each player must choose one of three balloons. The balloons will inflate until they pop - one Tamagotchi will find a flower inside while the other will find poop.
- Tug-of-War: The Tamagotchi on both devices must be playing with a jump rope at the time in order to play this game. Before connecting, each player has 10 seconds to mash the A or B button as much as they can to build up stamina. As stamina decreases at the same rate for both Tamagotchi, the one with the lowest initial stamina will lose.
- Trumpet: The Tamagotchi on both devices must be playing with a trumpet at the time in order to play this game. Before connecting, each player must get their Tamagotchi to mimic a song on the trumpet using the three buttons for different pitches. It is possible for both players to lose this game.
An Akai can also connect to a Tamagotchi Plus or Connection (not Version 1). When they connect, they can either exchange presents or play one of two minigames:
- Balloon: The first player to burst their balloon on the balloon blower wins this game.
- Eating Contest: The first player to eat all the rice wins this game.
When an Akai connects to a DekaTama it can give items as gifts or 10-90 Gotchi to the Akai.
Codes can be entered to unlock special foods and items.
The discipline feature works the same as the Keitai. If the character is misbehaving the user should scold it, and if they are unhappy the user should praise it.
The medicine feature works the same as the Keitai. If the character is sick or has a cavity the user should give them a dose of medicine. More major cases require two doses.
The lights feature works the same as the Keitai. When the character starts yawning it is tired, and the user can turn off the lights to make it go to sleep. It will go to sleep half an hour later and require the lights to be turned off then. It will turn the lights on in the morning on its own.
A list of the Tamagotchis the user's Tamagotchi has connected with, along with the gender and friendship level. This increases the more they connect.
A complete list of items the user's Tamagotchi owns. An item can be used by selecting it. It can usually be used an unlimited number of times.
Shows how much Gotchi the user has and how much has been donated to the Gotchi King. Anywhere between 10-90 Gotchi can be donated at one time, and when 1,000 Gotchi is donated the King will present the user with a reward.
Shows the user's Tamagotchi's parents (Parent) and deceased Tamagotchi (Grave). If a deceased Tamagotchi is visited when the Death God comes to take the character away the deceased Tamagotchi will wake up and fight off the Death God which will then result in one care mistake being reversed. This can only happen once per deceased Tamagotchi. Up to three deceased Tamagotchi can be stored in the grave.
Like with the Keitai, the attention icon isn't selectable. It lights up when the character needs care.
Twice a day, (11 AM and 5 PM) Ojitchi will sell the user a food or item. He will sell one item per visit. The user can decide whether or not to buy the item.
- Main article: Keitai Kaitsuu! Tamagotchi Plus Akai/Character List
An egg will appear at the start of the life cycle. After a minute, it will hatch and there will be a 50% chance that it will be a boy or a girl. The user will need to name the baby using hiragana and can use up to 5 moras. The baby will become sick after 10 minutes, take a 5 minute nap after 30 minutes, call for discipline after 45 minutes and then evolve into a child after 1 hour.
As a child, the character will require less attention and will be able to use the IR feature. They will also start getting visits from Ojitchi. Child characters sleep from 8 PM to 9 AM and evolve after 24 hours. The character may die if neglected from this stage onwards.
As a teen, the character will be determined by the care given as a child and also on generation. In this stage, they require less attention and are starting to grow into adulthood. Good care teens sleep from 8 PM to 9 AM while average and bad care characters sleep from 9 PM to 10 AM. Teen characters evolve again after 72 hours.
As an adult, the character is fully grown and the care given depends on how they were cared for as a teen and also on generation. In this stage, they require less attention. Three days after the user's Tamagotchi becomes an adult, Otokitchi will arrive and find them a partner for marriage. The parent will give birth to a baby and depart for Tamagotchi Planet 24 hours later. If an adult Tamagotchi does not breed by the age of 16 then they will evolve into a senior. Good care characters sleep from 9 PM to 8 AM, above average care characters sleep from 10 PM to 9 AM, below average care characters sleep from 10 PM to 8 AM, and bad care characters sleep from 11 PM to 10 AM. Two Akais can breed if they are opposite gender, adults of a suitable marrying age, and have a high enough friend level.
As a senior the character is old and can live to be 99 years old. If the two seniors breed with two Akais, Oyajitchi is produced.