Lovelitchi (ラブリっち Raburitchi), previously translated as Lovelytchi and also known by her stage name Lovelin, is a female adult Tamagotchi character who debuted on the Tamagotchi iD and in the first episode of the Tamagotchi! anime, although her overall debut was in the TamaCafe playset. Lovelitchi has become one of the main characters and secondary (later primary) mascots of the franchise since 2009 due to her popularity. Her best Tama-Friend is Melodytchi, whom she makes popular songs with, such as Happy Happy Harmony, and Smile for Tomorrow.
- 1 Name Origin
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Personality
- 4 On Virtual Pets
- 5 In the Anime
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Other Forms
- 8 Family
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Trivia
- 11 See also
The name Lovelitchi is actually Lovelytchi. But the letter 'y' isn't used as a vowel, only 'li' (リ). In English, Bandai America previously named her Lovelytchi on the Tama-Go but changed it to Lovelitchi in the Bright Way/9Go! dub of the anime and TamaTown, to keep the connection to Lovelin, her secret identity.
Names in other languages
|Taiwan||甜心吉 Tiánxīnjí||甜心 "honey; sweetheart; sweetie" + 吉 "-tchi"|
|Hong Kong||Anime||小甜心 siu2 tim4 sam1||小 (diminutive prefix) + 甜心 "honey; sweetheart; sweetie"|
Lovelitchi resembles a white bunny and may be based on an Angora rabbit. She has fluffy fur, pink cheeks, and two upright, woolly ears. Her eyes are teal with sparkle-shaped highlights. In both of her designs, she wears a dress, stockings, a heart-shaped purse, and decorations around her ears. There are two primary designs of Lovelitchi because her outfit was changed in Episode 95 of the Tamagotchi! Anime.
In her original design, she wore a frilly blue dress with a fuzzy pink collar, dark pink stockings, and a blue ribbon on each ear.
In "Is This a Confession? Mystery Profile", Lovelitchi's appearance had changed into Tama Heart form. The outfit change was given to Lovelitchi by her mother, Lovemamalitchi. The two Tama Hearts were added by Moriritchi.
Lovelitchi's two bows were replaced with two ancient like Tama Hearts, and a pink beaded scrunchie similar to her Lovelin identity. Her dress color has been changed to pink with another white dress underneath, her neckline was changed with a blue bowtie with long ribbon strands, and her stockings' colors were changed to blue instead of pink. Her pink heart shoulder bag is still the same.
Lovelitchi is a very sweet girl who cherishes her family and loves meeting new people. She is very kind and likes to help out, which can lead to her worrying about pleasing everyone. Due to bad experiences in the past, she used to believe that "idols can't have real friends", until she transferred to Tamagotchi School. Since then, her friends have helped her gain some confidence. Her favourite activity is singing, but she also likes dancing, and trying on new outfits. She is positive and hardworking, even when it comes to her career as a superstar.
Throughout the anime series, it is mentioned that Lovelitchi enjoys reading and can be slightly air-headed at times. It is also revealed that her favorite food is Neapolitan ice cream, and her least favorite food is bell peppers. Lovelitchi is also depicted to be talented at drawing in some episodes.
Her profile on the Tamagotchi Pix website states:
"Lovelitchi has a positive attitude. With a strong sense of responsibility, she cares a lot for her famiy and friends."
On Virtual Pets
In the Tamagotchi iD Lovelitchi evolves from Shelltchi, and can be obtained with 0 care mistakes. She can reach Tamatomo level by purchasing and putting on the Heart sunglasses, playing with the mic toy, and eating the love cake.
Tamagotchi iD L
Lovelitchi appeared in the Tamagotchi P's as a special character raised only when connecting the Love & Melody Tama Deco Pierce to the device. She can be obtained by playing with the stage mic 3 times with any female teen character.
Lovelitchi evolves from Pannakotchi with 10 or more Art skill points, and 0-4 care mistakes.
Lovelitchi can be obtained from any female teen with 0-2 care mistakes.
Lovelitchi is obtainable as a first generation adult with 0-2 care mistakes or by feeding the Pancake snack 3+ times. She can be befriended and married as a NPC at Tama Resort Hotel.
On the Tamagotchi On, Lovelitchi is both an NPC you can meet in Tama Hotel and marry, but she is also raisable if you hatch a female tama and have 0-1 Care mistakes, or feed her Pancakes 3+ times. Her favorite items are:
- Vanity Table (Salon)
- Fortune-telling Mirror (Magic Land)
- Coin Purse
Hello Kitty Tamagotchi
Lovelitchi is a raisable character on the Hello Kitty Tamagotchi, where she can be obtained with perfect care.
Lovelitchi appears on the Tamagotchi Pix as a raisable adult.
In the Anime
Lovelitchi is one of the main female characters (if not the main female character overall) in the anime, Tamagotchi!. She was first seen as Lovelin in "Get Ready! The Big Race on Tama Street" and then made her major debut in "Tamagotchi School's Transfer Student".
Lovelitchi is a shy but kind and a sweet young lady. She often feels nervous but she can stand up to herself now that she has friends. She lives in the TamaCafe with her family, Lovepapalitchi and Lovemamalitchi, which also acts as a cafe restaurant run by her mother and father.
Lovelitchi leads a secret double-life under the stage name Lovelin. As Lovelin, she is the most popular idol of all in Tamagotchi Town. She appears in many activities as a host, singer, reporter, and often as the lead character in television shows.
In the past, Lovelitchi kept trying out new schools but none of them made her happy. Her classmates always bullied her and called her a show-off because they were jealous of her popularity, and pretended to be her friend just to get autographs from her. As a result, when Lovelitchi moved to Tamagotchi Town, she decided to keep her identity as Lovelin a secret so that nobody at her new school would bully her.
When Lovelitchi was first introduced at Tamagotchi School, everyone was excited to meet her, and Lovelitchi later reveals to Manenetchi that she couldn't believe how her new classmates welcomed her. One day, Mametchi tells Lovelitchi that he sees her as a Tama-Friend, but that eventually gets Lovelitchi worried because Tama-Friends never lie. She feels that her friends would hate her because she has been keeping a secret from them. But on Mametchi's birthday, she finally reveals her secret to all her Tama-Friends. She is unsure how they will react and when they treat her with understanding, Lovelitchi cries with happiness.
KuroMametchi knew that Lovelitchi was Lovelin ever since she joined Tamagotchi school, and often worked hard to keep her secret safe. Mimitchi also knew and pointed out that Lovelitchi looks like Lovelin and has a similar name prior to knowing her secret. After her confession in "Listen! Lovelin's Confession", only Lovelitchi's Tama-Friends knew she was Lovelin. But in "Confession! Lovelitchi is Lovelin!", Lovelitchi announced her secret to the whole school. Uwasatchi, who used to suspect that Lovelitchi was hiding secrets, was in denial that she was actually Lovelin. Lovelitchi had to spend the day proving she was Lovelin, and ended up bonding with Uwasatchi in the time they spent together.
In the last arc of the original Tamagotchi anime series, Lovelitchi and Melodytchi collect Tama Hearts on their Tama Profys, usually at the end of each episode.
Tamagotchi! Yume Kira Dream
After Tamagotchi! ended, Lovelitchi only appeared once during Tamagotchi! Yume Kira Dream, in "Tamatomo Reunion! Coming Home to Tamagotchi Town" where she and the other original cast members gave Mametchi a party to celebrate his birthday and welcome him back home. She had no appearances in the following season, Tamagotchi! Miracle Friends.
Lovelitchi returned as a main character in GO-GO Tamagotchi!. She first appeared in "Tamagottsun ♥ Big Meeting!?" where she reunites with Mametchi. She is introduced to Pianitchi, Coffretchi, and other Dream Town residents, as well as the two new students Neenetchi and Orenetchi. Later, she meets Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi and performs with them as Lovelin during their debut as idols. She also accepts Pianitchi as part of her music group and they make a new song together.
She greatly admires Hitomitchi and at first was worried that she was "better" than her, and tried to change her own idol style to become good enough. However, Hitomitchi taught Lovelitchi to just be herself and Lovelitchi continued with her usual style of music.
Tamagotchi Movie: Big Secret Delivery Operation!
- Mametchi: Lovelitchi and Mametchi are on very good terms. They first met in the first episode where Lovelitchi, as Lovelin, briefly interviewed him and other competitors before the big Tama-Street race. As revealed through a flashback in the following episode, his selflessness in saving Kuchipatchi before the end of the race was one of the reasons that Lovelitchi decide to move to Tamagotchi Town. While attending Tamagotchi School, Lovelitchi became close friends with Mametchi and he taught her about the concept of Tama-Friends. Later, Mametchi willingly put his birthday on hold until Lovelitchi finally came hours later, and after she confessed her Lovelin identity, he was quick to forgive her, making her much more confident in the process. Because of their close chemistry, they are a popular pairing among fans.
- Melodytchi: Lovelitchi first saw Melodytchi on television, playing her violin. Lovelitchi found the music beautiful and admired Melodytchi's talent. When Melodytchi arrived at TAMAX-TV, Lovelitchi recognized her immediately and was quick to introduce herself. While Lovelitchi was interviewing Melodytchi for a TAMAX-TV show, Lovelitchi felt a mysterious connection to her and was deeply moved by how much she cares about her violin. When Lovelitchi was performing a live concert and the power went out, Melodytchi played her violin to save the concert and the two girls became the best of friends. Melodytchi now lives at Tama Cafe with Lovelitchi and they do nearly everything together. As Melodytchi has a more upbeat personality, she often encourages Lovelitchi when she is doubting herself.
- Moriritchi: When Lovelitchi first met Moriritchi at Tamagotchi School, she was put off by her overzealous personality and eccentric catchphrases. However, after inviting Moriritchi over and seeing her decorate the room with Tamamori, Lovelitchi started to become friends with her. Lovelitchi, Melodytchi, and Moriritchi became a trio often seen together in the anime and merchandise.
- Kuromametchi: Despite his aloof nature, Kuromametchi seems to be the Tamagotchi who understands and cares for Lovelitchi the most. He knew of her secret identity from the very beginning but never revealed it, and would always strive to help her and protect her identity--even if it meant dressing up in a Heroine Lovelin costume to lead others astray. He has Lovelin posters all over the walls of his room, leads her fan club, and is one of the only male Tamagotchis whose infatuation with her has remained throughout the series. For example, during a photo contest in episode 83, he secretly takes an anonymous photo of Lovelin while uncharacteristically blushing with shimmering eyes. He also tried to get her to think twice when she was changing herself in order to impress Hitomitchi.
- Memetchi: She was the first student to talk to Lovelitchi when she joined Tamagotchi School, and they bonded over a stylish charm Lovelitchi had on her purse. Lovelitchi cancelled everything on her schedule and hugged Memetchi while crying when she thought she was moving away. She also occasionally hangs out with her, Makiko, and Flowertchi on their adventures.
- Manenetchi: She is Lovelitchi's manager who deeply cares about her and always strives to make sure she remains on schedule, but doesn't want Lovelitchi to overwork herself. She also acts as Lovelitchi's confidant, listening to her problems and offering advice. When Manenetchi was too busy to spend time with Lovelitchi in "Lovelin Shock! Manenetchi's Change of Heart?", Lovelitchi felt upset and some of her confidence faded.
- Telelin: She is Lovelitchi's treasured cell phone gifted to her by her father, that she named after herself. Telelin was then brought to life by the Kuchipatchi of Truth and often rides in Lovelitchi's bag.
- TamaPtchi: He is a director at TAMAX-TV who directs many of the shows Lovelin stars in. While he can be strict with other Tamagotchis, he is gentle to Lovelitchi and often calls her affectionate nicknames in the English dub. In the Japanese version, he always ends her name with "-chan".
- Madonnatchi: She is a child actress at TAMAX-TV who hates and is jealous of Lovelin. She wants to get rid of Lovelitchi so she can become the most popular idol instead, but her traps often backfire and Lovelitchi is oblivious to this.
- Kizunatchi: She is Lovelitchi's companion who guided her in collecting Tama Hearts on her Tama Profy during the original series. When Kizunatchi ran out of energy and was falling in the finale of the original series, Lovelitchi cried out that if it would save Kizunatchi, she would let herself get infected by Eggification, even if it meant she could never sing again.
- Uwasatchi: She was suspicious of Lovelitchi ever since she joined Tamagotchi School and put her secret identity in jeopardy a few times. However, when it was finally revealed that Lovelitchi and Lovelin were one and the same, Uwasatchi refused to believe it and needed as much proof as possible. She even asked Lovelitchi some very specific questions about Lovelin, but Lovelitchi got one of them wrong because she herself couldn't remember the answer.
- Stylitchi: She is Lovelitchi's stylist who does her make-up and provides her with outfits, usually for her concert performances.
- Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi: They encountered Lovelitchi as Lovelin for the first time during their idol debut at YUMETAMAX-TV.
- Main article: Lovelin
Lovelin is Lovelitchi's secret identity as a pop star and actress.
Young Lovelitchi (やんぐラブリっち Yangu Raburitchi) is Lovelitchi in her much younger years, about 6 - 8 years ago. Her dress and ribbons are yellow instead of blue. She is very clumsy and a crybaby, always running into everything and crying a lot. Her behavior is somewhat similar to Chamametchi; she can be child-like and emotional. Her main appearance was in "Mother's Day for Lovelitchi". She has only appeared in the Tamagotchi! anime twice.
Lovely Fire (ラブリーファイヤー Raburī Faiyā) is one of Lovelitchi's Personality Stage forms. Her ears catch on fire and her eyebrows become prominent, thick, and furrowed. In this form, she is very determined, and becomes much faster and stronger. Her burning ears can also catch other things on fire as well. On the 4U, Lovelitchi will transform into this stage if she has all of the subject skills and her happiness is at least 80%. She appeared in episode 23 of GO-GO Tamagotchi!.
PochaLovelitchi is Lovelitchi's other Personality Stage form. Her name comes from the Japanese word for chubby. In this form, she is very large from eating too much food. Her eyes become much smaller, and her arms stick out more. On the 4U, Lovelitchi will transform into this stage if she weighs at least 90g. She is one of the only 4U Personality Stages to never appear in the anime.
- Main article: Love-chan
Love-chan is an alternate form of Lovelitchi from Tamagotchi Village. She appears in "Mysterious Tama-Friends of Tamagotchi Village" in Tamagotchi!
Loveli Princess is a princess form of Lovelitchi that debuted on the Tamagotchi On Fantasy version.
- Main article: Lovepapalitchi
Lovepapalitchi is Lovelitchi's father who works at his own photo studio on Tama Street and occassionally helps out at Tama Cafe. He is very supportive of Lovelitchi's superstar career and his photo studio has pictures of her all over the building.
- Main article: Lovemamalitchi
Lovemamalitchi is Lovelitchi's mother who runs the TamaCafe. Like Lovepapalitchi, she is supportive of her daugther's superstar career.
- Main article: Lovesoratchi
Lovesoratchi is Lovelitchi's little brother who debuted in GO-GO Tamagotchi!
Click here to view the gallery.
- Since Lovelitchi's debut in Tamagotchi!, Lovelitchi became the main female mascot for the Tamagotchi brand in Japan, gradually replacing Memetchi in that position, and being featured alongside Mametchi in numerous products and adverts. Since Tamagotchi On, this has also applied overseas.
- During the 15th Anniversary Poll, Lovelitchi was voted the third most popular female character behind Melodytchi and Moriritchi. However, in a Club Tamagotchi poll asking which character fans were excited to see in GO-GO Tamagotchi!, Lovelitchi ranked first place with 25% of votes.
- In episode 52 of the Tamagotchi! anime, there was a brief scene in which Lovelitchi wore a flashy strawberry-inspired dress. This dress is actually fanmade, as it was the winner of an official Lovelitchi outfit design contest.
- When Lovelitchi was an egg, it was blue with pink hearts. When she was a baby, she was a Choribotchi with a blue ribbon instead of a red one.
- Strangely enough, she had another baby stage in one episode, where she looked very much like her past appearance, except her ears are smaller, has a pacifier in her mouth, and wears a pink onesie with a bib. This is technically after her life as a Choribotchi. She later had a child-stage version of her, where she has yellow bows on her ears, a purple shirt, and a diaper.
- Counting all forms of Lovelitchi (including all forms of Lovelin and the alternate reality Lovelitchi that resides in Tamagotchi Village), she has the second highest number of forms, after Mametchi, among all other Tamagotchis, which even surpasses some other Tamagotchi mascots.
- In episode 132 of Tamagotchi!, the scene where Lovelitchi is meeting her other self might be taken from the concept of the first half of episode 37, albeit in her idol form. However, while the latter is only a TAMAX-TV show, the former event really does involve an alternate-universe form of Lovelitchi.
- In fact, Lovelitchi has at least encountered her double 3 times, with the first 2 being inside her TV shows.
- Lovelitchi's pajamas is identical to those of Chamametchi's, albeit with a different colour (and size).
- In My Tamagotchi Forever, Lovelitchi uses her Nano sprite in the Album.
- Lovelitchi (and hence Lovelin) was born in September 10, and when written as "910", it can be read in Japanese as goroawase for キュート kyūto, meaning "cute".
- Interestingly, her voice actress, Kei Shindo, was also born in September 10.
- Lovelitchi has been the subject of several LGBT-related fan assumptions, especially on Twitter and Tumblr.
- Her bond with Melodytchi has been interpreted as a lesbian relationship by some fans, despite Melodytchi's obliviousness to romance.
- Both of Lovelitchi's default outfits (regular and Tama-Heart) are cyan and pink. If combined with her white fur, Lovelitchi's default colors strikingly resemble the transgender flag, causing some fans to assume that she is transgender.
- Lovelitchi's voice actress, Kei Shindo, also voices Madoka Amano from Metal Fight Beyblade, which premiered around the same time, if not concurrently with the Tamagotchi! anime.