The personality stage (こせーて期 kosēteki), also known as the Post-Adult stage, is an optional stage introduced on the Tamagotchi 4U, where adult-stage Tamagotchi characters take on a different form, gaining a new appearance and personality traits. So far, it is exclusive to adult characters. On the Tamagotchi 4U, all 10 built-in characters have either one or two Personality Stage forms. Downloadable characters do not yet have Personality Stage forms.
The Personality Stage is not considered a separate growth stage, as during the transition between the adult and personality stages, the Tamagotchi does not age and is more changing forms than evolving, similar to how certain Pokémon that can't evolve can change forms. For example, the forms MameLabtchi and Naughty Mametchi are two alternate forms of Mametchi. On the Tamagotchi 4U, the player's actions affect a Tamagotchi's ability to take on new forms. To achieve the Personality Stage, the player must perform certain actions to their Tamagotchi such as taking good care of them or by overfeeding them.
The Personality Stage can be reversed, but the methods differ depending on the form of the Tamagotchi. It usually involves preventing your character from doing anything associated with whatever caused them to reach the personality stage. For example, Kirakira Spacy is achieved by bathing Spacytchi, and can be reverted to Spacytchi by not bathing him for a couple of days.
List of Personality Stage Forms
- MameLabtchi (まめラボっち Mamerabotchi) - Obtained with 10 Invention skillpoints and any wallpaper with Invention skillpoints. Reversed by changing the wallpaper.
- Nasty Mametchi (やんちゃまめっち Yancha Mametchi) - Obtained with Happiness below 15%. Reversed with Happiness above 30%.
- Lovely Fire (ラブリーファイヤー Raburi Faiya) - Obtained with all school skills and Happiness above 80%. Reversed with Happiness below 60%.
- Chubby Lovelitchi (ぽちゃラブリっち Pocharaburitchi) - Obtained with Weight above 90g. Reversed with Weight below 40g.
- Guru Meme Queen (ぐるめめクイーン Gurumemekuīn) - Obtained with 10 Fashion skillpoints and any wallpaper with Fashion skillpoints. Reversed by changing the wallpaper.
- Meme Chan Obatchi (めめおばっち MemeObatchi) - Obtained with Happiness below 15%. Reversed with Happiness above 30%.
- Kuchipatchin - (くちぱっちん Kuchipatchin) - Obtained with Weight above 90g. Reversed with Weight below 40g.
- Jeanist Kuchipa (ジーニストくちぱ Jīnisutokuchipa) - Obtained with Weight below 25g. Reversed with Weight above 40g.
- Kuromame Senpai - Obtained by connecting with Orenetchi on another 4U/4U+. Reversed by not connecting with Orenetchi for 2 days.
- OtaKuromame (オタくろまめ Otakuromame) - Obtained by meeting Lovelin at the park, and in 4U+, winning 20 minigames. Reversed by not meeting Lovelin for 2 days.
- Shining Spacytchi (キラキラスペイシー) - Obtained by having 5 baths. Reversed by not bathing for 2 days.
- King Spacytchi (キングスペイシー Kingu Supeishī) - Obtained with all school skills and Happiness above 80%. Reversed with Happiness below 60%.
- OyaMelojitchi (おやめろじっち Oyamerojitchi) - Obtained by meeting Oyajitchi at the park, and in 4U+, using the Oyaji Bromide item 10 times. Reversed by not meeting Oyajitchi for 2 days.
- Melody Muse - Obtained with all school skills and Happiness above 80%. Reversed with Happiness below 60%.*
- MameLoveHimespe (まめラブひめスペ Mamerabuhimespe) - Obtained by meeting Mametchi at the park. Reversed by not meeting Mametchi for 2 days.
- Small Devil Himespe - Obtained with 10 Fashion skillpoints and any wallpaper with Fashion skillpoints. Reversed by changing the wallpaper.*
- Slim Neenetchi (スリムねぇね Surimuneene) - Obtained with Weight below 25g. Reversed with Weight above 40g.
- Oreadultchi (おれおとなっち Oreotonatchi) - Obtained with all school skills and Happiness above 80%. Reversed with Happiness below 60%.
- Astrosoratchi - Obtained by using the Dream Capsule item 3 times. Reversed by not using it for 2 days.*
- Candy Pakupaku
- Fairy Pakupaku - Obtained by eating 30 snacks. Reversed by not eating any snacks for 2 days.*
*Available in 4U+ only.
In the Anime
Some Personality Stage forms have also appeared in the GO-GO Tamagotchi! anime. Sometimes they are in a character's thoughts, such as Memetchi imagining herself as being very stylish (GuruMemeQueen), and sometimes they really happen to the character, such as Kuchipatchi becoming round from eating too much food (Kuchipatchin).
- When a Personality stage is triggered, not only does the character's appearance and trait change, but sometimes their TamaTomo items and even their sleeping schedules are different from their base character.
- Each Personality stage character also has their own special animation which sometimes occurs when the user presses the C button when the character is idle.
- Although the Personality Stage was formally introduced on the Tamagotchi 4U, similar concepts existed in older Tamagotchi media. In 64 de Hakken! Tamagotchi Minna de Tamagotchi World, there are variations of some characters, such as Oyajitchi who has the variations Thunder Oyajitchi, Santa Oyajitchi, and so forth. On the Tamagotchi P's, characters could take on different forms with Tama Deco Pierces.
|General Functions||Care • Health meter • Meal • Snack • Training • Poo • C-click reaction(Close Up) • Shop • Notebook|
|Growth||Egg stage(Cocoon) • Baby stage • Child stage(Young Forms) • Adult stage(Personality stage) • Post-adult stage • Sickness • Death(UFO) • Tamagotchi Life Cycle • Generation(First Generation) • Evolution|
|Other Features||Bonding • Tamacom • Bump • Marriage • Gotchi Points • Skill Points • Jewelry • M!xing • Tamagotchi Power • TamaTomo • Color Changing Foods • Color Genetics and Combinations|
|Species||Gaiatchi • Humans • Predator • Tama Pet • Tamagotchi Subspecies|
|Tamagotchi Device||Batteries in a Tamagotchi • Debug (Tamagotchi Programming) • ROM Testing|