Poo (うんち Unchi) is a recurring element that debuted on the original Tamagotchi and has appeared on almost every release since.
Poo resembles a small, dark mound with stink lines floating above it. Traditionally, poo always appears on the right side of the screen. On the Tamagotchi Connection Version 5 and related variations, poo appears on top of the screen instead.
On the Tamagotchi Angel, poo is made of solid gold, and the stink lines are replaced with sparkles. On the Tamagotchi Ocean, poo has no stink lines at all, but instead of sitting on the right side of the screen, it is stuck to the back of the pet until the user cleans it up.
Starting from the Mesutchi and Osutchi, baby characters would leave smaller poos than other characters.
On the Tamagotchi releases with color screens, the poos are yellow. When a Tamagotchi makes a second poo when there is one already on the screen, the existing poo will increase in size. If a Tamagotchi poops when it is sick, a black poo will appear.
On Tamagotchi 'Round The World, poo is a bright blue color and gradually gets darker for as long as it stays on the screen.
Throughout the day, a Tamagotchi will leave poo on the screen, and the user must clean it up using the Toilet icon. If left unchecked, multiple poos can appear on screen. If poo is present on the screen for too long, the Tamagotchi may get sick, which counts as a Care Mistake. On most versions, the hungry level drops by one heart when the Tamagotchi makes a poo.
On the Tamagotchi Angel, the pet would only poo after prayer, regardless whether or not the user praises them.
In the GameBoy game, a user could catch their Tamagotchi before it poos and, using the Toilet command, have it use a toilet instead of leaving the poo on the floor. This function was used on every Tamagotchi released afterwards, starting with the Tamagotchi Plus, although the babies, Ojitchi, Otokitchi and Oyajitchi could not use this until later versions.
On the TamaTown Tama-Go, if the user gives the Tamagotchi medicine when it reaches 99lbs, it will leave eight poos on the screen and its weight will drop to 72lbs.
With the introduction of Tamacom, poo also functioned as a negative gift when a Tamagotchi gave a gift to another.
On Tamagotchi 'Round The World, poo is used to fertilize Gaiatchi plants. However, the player's Tamagotchi may poo on its own accord. If it leaves poo too close to a geyser, the rain dance must be performed to remove it.
In Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. Tap and Hatch, poo acted as a stage obstacle that falling blocks couldn't pass through. They could be cleared by either clearing a block directly touching it, or by using a Potty Bomb in the same row.
- In the Japanese commercials for the Tamagotchi GameBoy games, a recurring joke was that the characters could not make it through one commercial without leaving a poo.
- Unchi-Kun is a recurring character that resembles a golden poo with a face and limbs.
- Washikitchi carries a large poo on its back.
- Funkorogatchi (which is based on a dung beetle) is the only character than can eat poo; all other characters on the Mori de Hakken! Tamagotch will refuse to eat it if it appears on the menu.
- On the Keitai Kaitsuu Tamagotchi Plus and Tamagotchi Connection Version 3, the first available game features the user avoiding falling poo while catching music notes. This is reversed on the Akai, where the user must catch poo of various sizes in trash cans and avoid the falling money.
- In the Run & Jump game on the Tamagotchi iD L, Mametchi must jump over the poo.
- While the Tamagotchi Nano features the poo function, the majority of licensed variants exclude it. The Eevee Tamagotchi includes it, but replaces poo with hairballs that need to be brushed away. The Jordy Tamagotchi is the first licensed variant to include it.
- In all modern English releases except for Tamagotchi On, if baby stage Tamagotchis evolves while having the poo left on screen, it also changes its size along with the evolution of the Tamagotchis.
- Despite being a staple to the virtual pets, the only animated adaptations of Tamagotchi that explicitly feature poo are Tamagotchi Honto no Hanashi and the first episode of Anime de Hakken!! Tamagotchi. All other adaptations (including Tamagotchi Video Adventures and the Tamagotchi! anime and films) only very briefly reference a need to use the restroom and completely lack jokes relating to poo.
|General Functions||Care • Health meter • Meal • Snack • Training • Poo • C-click reaction(Close Up) • Shop • Notebook|
|Growth||Egg stage(Cocoon) • Baby stage • Child stage(Young Forms) • Adult stage(Personality stage) • Post-adult stage • Sickness • Death(UFO) • Tamagotchi Life Cycle • Generation(First Generation) • Evolution|
|Other Features||Bonding • Tamacom • Bump • Marriage • Gotchi Points • Skill Points • Jewelry • M!xing • Tamagotchi Power • TamaTomo|
|Species||Gaiatchi • Humans • Predator • Tama Pet • Tamagotchi Subspecies|
|Tamagotchi Device||Batteries in a Tamagotchi • Debug (Tamagotchi Programming) • ROM Testing|