|← Tamagotchi Connection Version 4||Tamagotchi Connection Version 4.5||Tamagotchi Connection Version 5 →|
|This article is about an English Tamagotchi release.|
The Tamagotchi Connection Version 4.5, also known as the Tamagotchi Connection Jinsei Plus, is the fifth Tamagotchi Connection release. It was the first English "semi" version, ending in .5.
Considered the North American equivalent of the Japanese UraTama, the V4.5 does have differences. It features characters from the Tamagotchi Connection Version 2 and Tamagotchi Connection Version 3, many of them replacing the new baby and toddler characters from the UraTama. The Bikkuri Group characters are removed and it instead features the universal group, which includes some non-Ura characters.
The Version 4.5 has the same mold as the UraTama. It has the same shape as most of the other Connections, with the slightly angled antennae from the Version 4. However, the shape coming from the antennae is a star instead of a ball. The four star-shaped beads on a rubber chain from the UraTama have been replaced by a silver keyring (or ball chain in some regions). While Australian releases of the Version 4 kept the bead chains, the Version 4.5 did not receive a wide release there outside of the PC Pack, so a Version 4.5 with a star bead chain is extremely rare.
In certain regions such as the UK, the Version 4.5 was released using the same ball-shaped antennae and, in many cases, the same shell designs that the Version 4 is known for.
While the UraTama had blue pixels that matched with the blue outlines of the Ura characters, the Version 4.5 had black pixels like all other Connections.
The V4.5 includes the same features used before on the Tamagotchi Connection Version 4, although many jobs and all of the games are different. New items and souvenirs are also available. This Tamagotchi includes Ura Tama Town characters that were introduced in the UraTama.
- Climb: The player needs to ascend clouds. A cloud will pass back and forth over the Tamagotchi, and the B button will make the Tamagotchi jump upwards. The Tamagotchi needs to successfully jump onto 30 clouds to win the game.
- Tug-of-War: Facing off against other Tamagotchis, the player has to press B when the strength bar is full to help their Tamagotchi win each round of tug-of-war.
- Apple: Apples will fall down on the left and right sides of the screen. The player should press the A and C buttons for the Tamagotchi to place their basket in the corresponding directions to catch them.
- Shapes: There will be three shapes falling from the top of the screen, and three slots are at the bottom. The player must use the A, B, and C buttons to switch the placement of the slots so that the falling shapes will successfully fit them.
- Manhole: Hearts, bags of money, and snakes will pop out of three manholes. The player should press the A, B, and C buttons when they want a manhole to be covered so they can earn points from the item just before it falls back in. If the player catches a snake, they will lose.
The V4.5 has new skill points, which include the following categories:
- Funny: Smiley face icon (replacing Intelligence pencil)
- Gorgeous: Star/sparkle icon (replacing Fashion sparkle)
- Spiritual: Fist icon (replacing Kindness flower)
Tamagotchi can earn skill points by playing games. Each game offers different skill points.
You may enter shop codes by visiting the Shop. Press the A button rapidly for 4 times until the shopkeeper makes a surprised face.
Type the shop code using the left (A) button, middle (B) button, and right (C) button.
|Item||Shop Code||Cost (points)|
|Love Potion||BBAA ABCB||7000|
If the player were to input all 5 passwords, the last item they obtained would be replaced by a Cell Phone item. Inputting the passwords again would make the item available for purchase.
- Note: The first time a code is entered, it is free, but after that they must be purchased.
A special PC Pack was released in the USA (and Australia on October 31, 2007), which includes a tree-shaped microphone that doubles as a Tamagotchi cradle, a CD ROM, a mousepad, and an exclusive V4.5 designed to represent a globe. When the CD ROM is installed, the player may use the tree microphone to interact with an on-screen Tamagotchi, or play a variety of games that rely on the user's voice. Several wallpapers, coloring activities, and screensavers are included as well.
Press images and photos on the packaging show the "Ura Flower" design in place of the globe design, but this was never actually released with the PC Pack.
- "Tamagotchi v4.5 Instructions" (2007) Asst. #19600. Bandai