|← Tamagotchi Connection Version 5||Tamagotchi Connection Version 5 Celebrity||Tamagotchi Plus Color →|
|This article is about a Japanese Tamagotchi release.|
|← Tamagotchi Connection Version 5||Tamagotchi Connection Version 5 Celebrity||Tamagotchi Music Star →|
|This article is about an English Tamagotchi release.|
Japan: March 29, 2008
The Tamagotchi Connection Version 5 Celebrity (abbreviated V5C, V5.5 or 5.5), titled the Dream Royal Family Tamagotchi Plus (夢のロイヤルふぁみりーたまごっちプラス Yume no Roiyaru Famirī Tamagotchi Purasu) in Japan, is a refresh of the Tamagotchi Connection Version 5.
The Japanese edition was released on March 29, 2008, while the English edition was released in September 2008 in North America. The English version includes two additional games and several parent characters not on the Japanese version.
After this Tamagotchi release, the Celebrity Cruise ship was added to Tama & Earth EXPO, with all the obtainable characters aboard.
Differences from the V5
- This version features six games as opposed to the V5's four games.
- It features characters which are raisable who are from the Royal Family.
- In this version Bakutchi and Korokotchi do not feature unlike in V5. They were replaced by Kikitchi and Nonopotchi respectively.
- In this version the family groups "Smart, Cheerful and Easy-Going" are replaced with "Sociable, Active and Artistic".
- In this version there are more Training items.
- The Gotchi King Family replaces pure families from the V5.
- Games can be played with any of the siblings, and not the eldest alone.
- Food and items are different, and have their names written underneath.
The following six games feature on the V5C. The first four are playable at all times, while the other two are unlocked at the second generation.
- Tama Fans - The character stands in the center of the screen, and becomes surrounded by a crowd of baby characters. Speech bubbles will appear, either depicting a fan letter, a pencil for an autograph, or a fly. When the pencil or letter bubbles appear, press A or B, depending on which side of the screen the bubble is on. Pressing A or B when the fly is showing makes you lose the game.
- Pool Play - The character stands on a diving board as a tube floats by in the pool. When the tube gets close enough, press B to make the character jump to land on it.
- Tennis (English version only) - The character stands on one end of a tennis table. A ball will bounce across the table toward the character. hold A or B to move left or right respectively, and press C to hit.
- Safe Box (English version only) - The character sits in front of a safe. Two numbers are shown above, and the player must make the numbers appear on the safe to open it. Press A to scroll the numbers on the left up, from 0 to 9 and back. Press B to scroll the second number down, from 9 to 0 and back. When the combination has been entered, press C to open the safe.
- Cue Ball (2nd Gen onwards) - This game is played along with the father. The player will be shown a pool table and cue stick. To shoot the ball, press B to line up the shot.
- Jewels (2nd Gen onwards) - This game is played along with the mother. The mother will present a table with four jewels, one of which will sparkle. They will then be shuffled. The player must pick which of the jewels was the sparkling one by pressing A to move the arrow right and B to select.
A maximum of 700 Gotchi is paid out for a perfect game, and the amount of Gotchi earned from a game is generally more than that of the V5.