Similar to TamaTown and Tama & Earth EXPO, the Tamagotchi On App allows a tamagotchi to visit a virtual world, play games, earn Gotchi Points and items, and then return to their device. It requires an iPhone, iPad, or Android device to run, and Bluetooth must be enabled. The user's tamagotchi can also get married to other player's tamagotchi characters, including special monthly guests exclusive to the app.
The Tamagotchi Ssome cannot interact with the app due to lacking Bluetooth. While genetics from app-exclusive partners can still be inherited from connecting to an On or Meets unit, it cannot receive any foods, toys, accessories, or wallpapers.
Call My Tama
The app can bring a Tamagotchi in from a Tamagotchi On or Meets device, and be returned afterward. The App can store the data of up to three devices; if a fourth device attempts to register, one of the three other devices must be removed first. Any On or Meets model can connect to either version of the app, regardless of language. Once the user's Tamagotchi character is brought into the app, it will appear in the park, when playing games, or when visiting Tama ❤ Party.
Additionally, characters raised on LINE de Hakken!! Tamagotchi can be brought over to the app, but can only travel through the Meets app.
When a Tamagotchi character is brought in from a device, the user can update their profile image and set their location and birthday. Additionally, they can view their Tamagotchi's entire family tree and a history of the last 5 iterations of the tamagotchi that has visited the app.
The Park is the central location of the app; all users currently playing the app will have their Tamagotchi appear here. If the user has not brought in a Tamagotchi from a device, one character will be randomly generated for them. Users can view the profiles and family trees of other Tamagotchi characters, send "Likes", and propose to marry. Additionally, they can interact with the monthly guest who, in some cases, may distribute limited time items. From the Park, the user's Tamagotchi can interact with the Tama ❤ Party and the Arcade.
The Arcade is a game center in the park. The game is a catching game, and the kind of objects and scenery change based on the season. The objective is to catch as many objects as possible within 50 seconds, while avoiding hazards to earn a high score. The user moves their Tamagotchi characters left or right by tapping the left or right sides of the screen. Tapping twice quickly will make the Tamagotchi character jump. If the user has twins, they will have a wider space to catch more items, but in turn become more vulnerable to falling hazards.
Point values of falling objects start at 10 and 20 points each. As the game progresses, object will fall faster and higher value objects at 30, 50, and eventually 100 points will appear. Once the game is complete, the user will be shown their score and awarded a prize based on their performance. Prizes change every month, and may be viewed on the Bulletin Board on the home screen.
Tama ❤ Party
Tama ❤ Party is a location that allows the user's current Tamagotchi character to marry another. If a monthly guest is in the app, they will appear here for a chance for the user to marry their Tamagotchi character to them. If the user is currently raising twins, they will be prompted to choose which one will enter.
The matchmaking party begins with Applitchi introducing the contestants, which are four male and four female characters. There are two rounds of "Discussion Time" and two rounds of "Party Time". In Discussion Time, the user's Tamagotchi character will present a possible partner that they're interested in, and the user can select "Yes" or "No". Each Discussion Time is immediately followed by Party Time, where the eight characters will mingle in the room.
Once two rounds of Discussion Time and Party Time have been finished, it is followed by "Selection Time". The male characters will propose to the female characters, one by one, until all four males have proposed. However, up to three male characters may be interested in the same female character; in cases where more than one male is interested in the same female, the other males will interrupt the first male's proposal. Females can either accept or reject a proposal; if they accept, the male will join his partner on the other side of the room. Once a male has proposed, it cannot propose again until it leaves and returns for a new round.
Following a successful proposal, the user will be asked to either to accept or reject the marriage. If accepted, they will be prompted to connect their device back to the app, which will return the Tamagotchi to the device, along with an egg. If the user is using a randomized guest character, or a LINE character, the date sequence will play, but at the end, the two characters will decide to be "just friends" and part ways.
Exclusive to the Japanese version of the app, the GPS Play will reward the user a prize based on their current location. All prizes are limited to Japanese locations.
Tamagotchi Restaurant is a second game, found separate from the Park. In this game, the user will have 50 seconds to serve food to a line of Tamagotchi characters. They will approach a counter and food options will appear, and the character will ask for one of them. The user must tap the correct option to move on to the next character in line. Point values increase as the game progresses, while the amount of food options increase. Once the game is complete, the user will be shown their score and awarded a prize based on their performance. Prizes change every month, and may be viewed on the Bulletin Board on the home screen.
All of the Gotchi Points, foods, toys, accessories, and room designs earned or given in the app are stored here. In order to send them to the Tamagotchi, the user must first select an item and then the amount of Gotchi Points they would like to send with it. Presents cannot be sent to a device that has their Tamagotchi character visiting the app. Some characters such as Colorfulrabbitchi might give presents everyday until a certain date.
Completing certain task on the Challenge list will reward the user with exclusive items. Once the user has completed a challenge, a window will appear showing the item won.
There are sometimes events celebrating a holiday, release of a Tamagotchi Meets, or crossovers with other media. The park will usually be decorated and the monthly guest will give a gift to the user's tamagotchi if they interact with them. For some events, the games will receive a facelift and there may be a shop to buy exclusive items from.
List of Events:
- Ninety-Nine Event (Japan Only) - February 8th to 24th 2019
- Sanrio Event (Japan Only) - May 4th to August 5th 2019
- Three part event celebrating the release of the Tamagotchi Sanrio Meets
- Hello Kitty was the monthly guest from May 4th to July 4th
- My Melody was the monthly guest from July 5th to August 5th
- Tamagotchi Restaurant was officially introduced into the app with a Sanrio theme
- Playing the game gave collaboration points which could be spent in a shop for Sanrio themed items.
- Aikatsu on Parade! Event (Japan Only) - October 1st to October 31st 2019
- Collaboration celebrating the debut of Aikatsu on Parade! anime
- Ichigo Hoshimiya and Akari Oozora were the monthly guests and gave a Pompom crepe snack and Starlight Background.
- Collaboration celebrating the debut of Aikatsu on Parade! anime
- Sweets Event (Japan Only) - November 1st 2019 to January 1st 2020
- Celebrated the release of the Tamagotchi Meets Sweets version
- Tamagotchi Restaurant had a Sweets theme and playing the game gave collaboration points which could be spent in a shop for Sweets themed items
- Fantasy Event (US Only) - July 1st to September 1 2020 (US Only)
- Celebrated the release of the Tamagotchi On Wonder Garden version
- Prince Mametchi was the monthly guest from July 1st to July 16th. They gave the Royal Sundae snack and Diamond Necklance accessory.
- Princess Lovelitchi was the monthly guest from July 16th to August 1st. They gave the Jewel Jelly snack and Blue Tiara accessory
- Meloarabian was the monthly guest from August 1st to August 16th. They gave the Lump Coffee snack and Arabian Band accessory.
- Lamppatchi was the monthly guest from August 16th to September 1st. They gave the Lump Cotton snack and Turban accessory.
- Easter Event - April 1st to May 1st
- Colorfulrabbitchi is the monthly guest and will give a Triple Scoop snack everyday, or rarely, an Easter Living background.
- Mother's Day Event - May 1st to July 1st
- Polybaketchi is the monthly guest and gave the Fruit Tart snack and Mother's Day background.
- Halloween Event - October 1st to November 1st
- Pumpkitchi is the monthly guest and will give a Candy snack or Pumpkin Balloon accessory.
- Christmas Event - December 1st to December 31st
- Santaclautchi (modern) is the monthly guest and will give a Hot Cocoa snack or Candy Cane snack (typically closer to Christmas).
Event and Seasonal App Decorations
- When a tamagotchi visits the app their growth is paused until they return back to the device. Thus, a baby/child/teenager can take longer to reach the next stage depending on how much time they spend in the app.
- It is possible to pause the Tamagotchi Restaurant game's timer so there's most time to see where the food is on Apple devices. When the customer's order shows up, slide the application bar up a bit. You can then be prepared to select the right order when you release the application bar.
- It is possible to marry another player's tamagotchi (to share your pet's genes with them) without losing your current tamagotchi in the process. You just need to accept the proposal and then don't connect your Tamagotchi On when prompted. You'll then be given an option to cancel the marriage and the tamagotchi will be returned to the park. The other player will still get an egg as long as they connect their On.
- The app can be used to pause the tamagotchi if the user wants to take a break from them. The tamagotchi just has to connect to the app and then the user can leave them in there until they are ready to play with them again. To return the tamagotchi back to the device, just select the go back option on the device and then press the C button when the connection fails. This will bring up the go back option again and selecting it this time will return the tamagotchi back.
- Official site (Japan)
- App Store (Japan)
- App Store (North America)
- Google Play Store (Japan)
- Google Play Store (North America)