Yumecantchi looks like a combination of Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi, with some of the same traits as Hapihapitchi. She is small, light pink, and fluffy, with a pink nose and a small round tail similar to Hapihapitchi's. She has three rounded bangs on her forehead, and round ears that resemble Kiraritchi's. She also has teal eyes with oval-shaped shines, with the largest shines facing to the left. On her head, she wears a bow with a heart in the middle that looks identical to Yumemitchi's, except it is blue. She also wears a blue collar and a pink backpack that looks like a kind of Yume Kira Bag.
To be added...
In the Anime
Tamagotchi! Yume Kira Dream
Yumecantchi has the ability to fly thanks to her magical backpack. She first suddenly appeared when Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi transformed during Christmas Eve in episode 15, after they used the Dorikawa cards that were given to them by D2. Yumecantchi only appears when Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi have transformed using their Yume Kira Bag. She uses her cuteness to get what she wants and to convince the duo that her items will be useful; Yumemitchi always falls for this as she can't resist Yumecantchi's cuteness, but Kiraritchi is exasperated by this.
Yumecantchi can use Dorikawa Cards on her backpack, to make items appear that help Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi during their missions. These items often seem useless or bizarre, but they always end up helping out. Yumecantchi also loves sweets, and Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi reward her after a job well done by using special food cards on her backpack.
Yumecantchi has various catchphrases, and ends all of her sentences with "kyan". When generating an item from her backpack, she says, "With the help of this item, you kyan do it-kyan!". When asking Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi to scan her backpack, she says, "Perform the scan-kyan!". After Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi introduce themselves while in transformations, Yumecantchi adds, "Plus one-kyan!"
Yumecantchi left in episode 190. Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi mastered their Yume Kira Bags and the Fortune Teller allowed Yumecantchi to come to the real world even though Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi weren't in a transformation. However, Yumecantchi couldn't stay with Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi and had to leave with the Fortune Teller. After saying goodbye, Yumecantchi and Fortune Teller disappeared.
Yumecantchi appears briefly in episode 50, singing Happy Happy Harmony with everyone on the planet. She can be seen on Ha Island with the Fortune Teller, Hatokamitchi, Denshohatotchi, and Kizunatchi (in her evolved form).
Yume (夢) translates to dream. Can (キャン kyan) translates to can, as in "You can do it". Her fully translated name is Dreamcantchi, which may be short for "Dreams can come true". Her name may also incorporate the word "scan" (スキャン sukyan), since her backpack can scan Dorikawa cards.
- She frequently says "kyankyan" and ends all her sentences with "kyan", most likely because of her name. However, these terms are also Japanese for the sound of yapping or yelping, as in the sound puppies and other animals make.
- Despite Yumecantchi never changing each time Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi transform, nobody seems to recognize her even after seeing her multiple times.
- Because she shared similar physical traits of Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi, it is possible that she might be created after the frequent use of the Yume Kira Bag by taking their likenesses, or already exists inside it.
- According to episode 50 of GO-GO Tamagotchi!, it is assumed that Yumecantchi originates from Ha Island. However, that was never explained after her departure in episode 190 of Yume Kira Dream.
The electronic talking Yumecantchi plush takes 3 AAA batteries and can use any Dorikawa cards, including ones from the Yume Kira Bag. It comes with three Dorikawa cards and has the following features:
- She says a variety of phrases when users press the top of her head including "I love you!". She also giggles and sings.
- Users can give her items to play with using the Dorikawa cards and cause her to say more phrases
- She can get hungry, sick, or bored and users must give her the correct Dorikawa card to make her better
- Users can play Rock, Paper, Scissors with her or a Music Beat game. Use the Dorikawa cards to play Rock Paper scissors, and to play the Music Beat game, remember the tune Yumecantchi sings and tap her head to match the beat
- If users leave her on for a while without doing anything, she will call out to the user or talk to herself
Names in other languages
|Cantonese (Hong Kong)||小夢現||Dream Overseer|